This is a list of some mods, fixes and repairs for any computer-related hardware and software.
- Root Linux in Non-Root Android Terminals — Run a full version of Debian Linux under the Android kernel and fake root access in a regular Terminal emulator.
Tiny Core Linux:
- Tiny Core Linux Essentials — Make Tiny Core Linux act a bit more like other Linux distributions.
- Remastering Tiny Core Linux for Read-Only Systems — How to construct your own version of Tiny Core Linux, with core operating system changes.
- Building 64-Bit OpenChrome Drivers for Tiny Core Linux — Building and packaging OpenChrome display drivers under 64-bit based systems.
Routers and Custom Firmware:
- BT Home Hub 5a and Plusnet Hub One — Tips for directly connecting to UART solder pads, and installing OpenWrt using a USB-to-TTL device.
Other Embedded Devices:
- MK809IV — Re-flashing a corrupt or zeroed NAND chip in an embedded TV dongle.
- Fitbit Blaze — Solving a boot loop by fixing a bad digitiser connection inside this watch.
- Sagem PVRs DTR67160T, DTR67250T, DTR67320T and DTR67500T — Change or upgrade your hard disk without losing the firmware.
- HTC One M8 — Replacing this phone’s ‘non-replacable’ battery using a set of professional repair tools.
- Running an x86-64 Server on 6 Watts — Run a mini-server with the capability of desktop/server systems with almost no energy.
Cars & Diagnostic Codes:
- P0136 / P0141 — Solving issues with oxygen (lambda) sensors and fuel efficiency, by using diagnostic tools and realtime graphs.
- P0335 — Engine cut-outs when the crankshaft sensor is reporting improper values.
Fixes for Firefox Extensions:
- Padlock 0.5.0 — Fix for more recent Firefox versions.
Lesser-Known Windows Tips:
- Device Manager — Viewing and tidying up unused hidden devices.