If you’re looking for my skillset in relation to employment, click here to view that instead.
About this Website
This site was initially written at home on a Windows Server PC running web-based software including Apache and PHP. It is now running on top of Linux and NGINX. Due to its size, it took around a couple of weeks to put the site together, write all the content, and get it deployed.
Currently changes are made on a Content Management System (CMS) rather than editing files, so that new content can be added extremely quickly and layout is guaranteed to be consistent across pages.
I have been programming since the age of about 7 years old; I started on a BBC Micro at school using Logotron where I experimented with loops and drawing patterns. After a very short time I was already writing programs that utilised serial (RS232) communications and was experimenting with more advanced things.
Programming has always been a hobby of mine since an early age. I also write software for business use when it is required. Some notable early programs I wrote include:
- An entire GUI (Graphical User Interface) environment for the Amstrad CPC computers. This was written from the ground up over one year (aged 15-16). The code was in BASIC 1.1, with some Z80 hand-assembled machine code for the faster drawing routines.
- A graphical drawing package, which took about 6 months (aged 14-15).
I enjoy helping others and was able to get my Dad started on how to use basic tools and enough HTML to create a website showcasing my Mum’s artwork and ceramics. The site is written from the ground up. You can view their combined efforts on the G-Art Website.
I’m quite handy at DIY, and as such you can usually find me doing these things:
- Car repairs (including engine diagnostics, of course)
- Bicycle maintenance/repairs
- Almost all house or equipment repairs
I have several hobbies:
- Bicycle rides with family or friends
- Walks/trips out, often to new locations
- Boomerang throwing
- Table tennis
- Bowling (I’m a bit rusty now, but I used to average 160-170 and fairly often throw over 200)
Page icons: IconsPedia.